Saturday, September 5, 2009

Good Rooster Wine...


When I make a recommendation and it involves booze, I am always cautious to note the following; "Drink like there is no tomorrow!!!!!" I am kidding of course, at heart I am a teetotaler but I do like red wine and living 45 mins from Napa it is kind of a prerequisite to living here, along with the understanding earthquakes are fun. I am not sure how many of you have experienced an earthquake, but they are fun, for the most part... the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake was insane... news reports of the Bay Bridge collapsing, The Marina in SF on fire... The Cypress section of 980 collapsing... I was walking down some stairs in my house and thought a tree had fallen on the roof. I walked down to the first floor where the windows looking out to the backyard looked like water rippling. Then everything went dark. Spooooooky and actually pretty nerve racking.

So, this is why wine is so important!!! Last night my sister in law brought this wine over. Coincidence? I think NOT....

I was skeptical, as imported French wines are brought over here like Chinese toys...often with the same result - cheap crap, and this one had a "screw top"..... I know many are going this way, as cork is getting scarce and plastic stinks! Although I am typing on a plastic computer and therefore I guess we need it.

La Vieille Ferme (translated - The Old Farm)... is a mash up of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault. It was surprisingly good. Easy to drink with no strong tendencies of wishing you had licked your shoe instead. It was purchased at Whole Paycheck, but priced like a Chevy on Ebay - $10. BONUS - a hen and rooster on the label. Get it, you'll like it.

Here's to good health and happy times with loved ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment