Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nightmare's Are Us


As this blog grows... we are seeing emails and contributions come in. One was sent in from a family member who thought this was funny...

Frankly, I don't think these are funny. Large roosters - Leghorns no less... pose a serious threat to us all. There is no defense against them and to glorify them in statue is like glorifying Bigfoot.Look what it is standing on a "tool box". This obviously represents mans attempt at progress and desire to build coops and chickens need to stop the oppression. Maybe not

I was told a funny story by a fellow I worker, where his father used to raise Leghorns. They kept one rooster for every 10 hens. I think he told me they had 50+ at one time.

Leghorns are named because they get horns on their legs. This guy was told by his Dad to go in the coop and grab a certain hen. When he did, the rooster went nuts, came up from behind and locked his horny legs into his legs. His Dad thought it was the funniest thing in the world and my fellow co-worker is not forever damaged by a chicken.

Sad story and a sadder commentary on demented parenting.




No comments:

Post a Comment